Any type of mushroom can be used to make the mushroom sauce recipe, including button or cup mushrooms,oyster mushrooms, wild mushrooms or a mixture.
Mushroom sauce recipe like other mushroom recipes is very simple and fun to cook.It helps whilst cooking mushrooms to saute with some unsalted butter and chopped onions to bring out the maximum amount of flavor.
Mushroom sauce Recipe: Ingredients
- 6 oz (170 g) of cup,oyster or button mushrooms
- 5 oz (140 g) of mixed wild mushrooms
- tablespoon(tbsp) cornstarch
- green pepper, medium sized finely chopped as per taste
- 3½ fl oz (100 ml) of water
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Chinese parsley for garnishing
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsps oyster sauce or Béchamel sauce
The mushrooms may be finely chopped, thinly sliced or cut into chunks depending on preference and for a smooth creamy sauce it can be passed through an electric blender.
- coat the mushrooms with soy sauce and pepper and leave aside for 30 minutes.
Spray a little oil in a hot pan, add garlic and green pepper.
- Swirl it around and stir into mushroom.
- Saute for a few minutes and add in the oyster sauce.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add into the heap.
- Mix well until it has a glazed appearance.
- Garnish with Parsley.
One good thing about this sauce is it’s versatility. It can be served with a large number of dishes.0