Marinated mushrooms recipe are great for buffet style gatherings. They also keep well for a long time in the fridge, or you may can them in mason jars and store in cupboard. These mushrooms are great served on a salad or as a side dish.
Preparation of marinated mushrooms recipe can be done in two ways. They can be slow-cooked, allowed to simmer, or marinate for a number of days without cooking. Mushrooms prepared in this way are usually very delicious, an easy appetizer and always a favorite!
The nutrition value for this recipe includes the full value amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time , ingredients, cooking method, etc. the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 pound small fresh button mushrooms
Marinated Mushrooms Recipe Directions
- In a medium saucepan, mix red wine vinegar, olive oil, onion, salt, parsley, dry mustard, brown sugar and garlic.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in mushrooms. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Cover the container and allow mixture to marinate in refrigerator for 3 days.It is delicious served with crusty bread to sop up the juices and can feed at least 10 mouths at a sitting!0