Lemon chicken mushroom recipe is simple but filling. It is a crispy dish of seared chicken breast rubbed in lemon zest, some good smoky Hungarian paprika, salt, and pepper, served with warm mushrooms. It is quick and easy to make with a pronounced lemon flavor.
Lemon Chicken Mushroom Ingredients
egg, jumbo, lightly beaten4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed or paprika
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/2 onion, sweet, finely chopped
1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the egg and one tablespoon lemon juice, mix well and set aside until required.
- Next into a bag, add the flour, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and lemon zest.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the egg mixture, then add them to the bag of coating and shake, until well coated.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken, cook for 5 minutes on each side until done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- If necessary, add an additional tablespoon of butter, then add the garlic, shallot, onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Now in a small bowl add the chicken stock, 2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice and cream together, stir and add this to the pan.
- Add any extra chicken breast back into the pan and bring everything to a gentle boil, cook until the mixture starts to reduce and sauce thickens. You may cook sauce to your preference.
Serve lemon chicken mushroom sauce over top of simple buttered noodles for a quick and easy meal or along with rice and other vegetables. 0