Wild mushrooms are usually sautéed in butter and shallots, and then tossed with fresh parsley and tarragon or chives.
This simple method when applied in preparing hot herby mushroom recipe really brings out the flavor of the mushrooms for a satisfying side dish in no time.
Ingredients (serves 4)
· 4 thin slices of white bread, crusts removed
· 125g/4oz chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
· 125g/4oz oyster mushrooms, wiped
· 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
· 1tsp Dijon mustard · 300ml/half pint vegetable stock
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 1tbsp freshly chopped parsley 1tbsp freshly snipped chives
Method forHot herby mushroom recipe
2. Press each bread into a 10cm/4 inch tartlet tin. Push each piece firmly down, and then bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
3. Place the mushrooms in a frying pan with the garlic, mustard and vegetable stock and stir fry over a moderate heat until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid is reduced by half.
4. Carefully remove the mushrooms from the frying pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a heat resistant dish. Cover with tin foil and place in the bottom of the oven to keep the mushrooms warm.
5. Boil remaining pan juices until reduced to a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir the parsley and chives into the mushroom mixture.
7. Place bread tartlet case on each plate and divide the mushroom mixture between them.
8. Spoon over the pan of juices, garnish with the chives.Serve hot herby mushroom recipe immediately with mixed salad leaves.