Your creamed mushroom recipe should be ready in 20 minutes total time; with ten minutes of preparation time and another ten minutes to cook.
Ingredients for Creamed Mushroom Recipe
- 6 cups (about 1 pound) assorted cleaned and sliced mushrooms (cremini, shiitake, maitake, oyster, morels, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and trim the stem ends. Cut the mushrooms into thick slices.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms, raise the heat, and toss and stir until mushrooms render their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat; season mushrooms with salt, pepper and nutmeg, and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes
- With a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms to a bowl. Add the cream and soy sauce to the juices in the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced by about half.
- Return mushrooms to the skillet and simmer for another minute or two to heat through.
Stir in the parsley and serve creamed mushroom recipe immediately either as side dish or also on slices of crisp toast.Feel free to use this recipe with any good edible mushroom you can get your hands on either as a small snack or a lovely little starter.
Return from Creamy Mushroom Recipe to Mushroom Recipes.