Chicken saute with chanterelles’ is another special treat from the mushroom appetizers group for everyone who wants to enjoy delicious healthy food. The chanterelle (Cantharellus cibarius) is a truly wonderful mushroom when sautéed and one of those special ingredients that can be available only now and then.
Read more on how to Prep Chicken saute with chanterelles
Ingredients for Chicken Saute with Chanterelles’
- 6 chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 lb. chanterelles (Cantharellus cibarius), cleaned and sliced 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or bourbon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1½ T butter
- 1½ T olive oil
- salt to taste
- Brown the chicken breasts in the butter and olive oil. Remove from the pan. Sauté the onion, garlic and chanterelles until the onion is translucent, but has not begun to brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine or bourbon. Add the stock, nutmeg, and reserved chicken. Cover the pan and cook over medium low heat about 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is done, but not overcooked.
- Remove the chicken to a heated platter, turn the heat to high, and reduce the sauce to about 1/4 to 1/2 cup. Add salt to taste. Then add the cream, bring to a boil, and reduce the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Pour the chanterelle sauce over the chicken and serve.