Baked mushrooms are delightfully healthy and a diabetic friendly recipe.
Healthy and tasty baked dishes of mushroom with fresh herb, lemon and Parmesan couldn’t be any simpler especially if you’re thinking of eating smart. They can either serve as a delightful appetizer or just as a light side dish, which goes really well with any meat dish.
Depending on your taste and preferences, you can either leave the mushroom caps plain or season them with herbs and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over them.
Baking mushrooms is easy and the finished products are simply yummy! A delightful wine sauce can turn these mushrooms into the perfect side dish at elegant dinners but the easy preparation also makes them a natural for weeknight suppers too. Overall cooking usually takes 40 minutes; 15 minutes preparation time plus 25-30 minutes baking time.
Baked Mushrooms Ingredients
- 1 pound whole or medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place mushrooms in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté celery and onions in butter until tender. Stir in the wine or broth, with a little salt; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder and pepper; pour over mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes, stirring several times until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned. Garnish with parsley if desired.Yield: 4 servings.